North Connaught Youth and Community Services are running a new programme for 16-25 year olds in Leitrim / West Cavan.
We offer a safe, friendly space where young people are listened to, respected and treated fairly. Special interests / Indoor and outdoor activities - water sports, fishing, beauty, cookery. Acts as an advocate for young people. One to one mentoring and support. Personal and social education. Place to discuss issues in their lives, worries, fears, concerns. Advice and information about health, debt, drugs, alcohol, housing. Onsite and offsite support.
The programme is led by the needs to the young person and their personal input / interests.
The project is funded by the International Fund for Ireland and is supported by Leitrim Co. Council / Leitrim ETB.
- Leitrim - Carrick-on-Shannon and environs
- Leitrim - south
- Leitrim - north
- Service provided at above address
- Service provided at various locations throughout the area covered
- Service provided in person's own home
- People can self-refer / access the service directly (without the need for a referral)
- Parents / guardians can refer
- Through GP
- Through schools
- Through Tusla Child and Family Social Workers
- Through other Tusla services (e.g. Education Welfare Service)
- Through HSE services
- Through other statutory services
- Through other community / voluntary service
- Under-18s need parental permission
- Young adults (18-24 years)