Citizens Information Services (CIS) provide the face-to-face service to the public. They are supported and funded by the Citizens Information Board. Citizens Information Services provide free, impartial and confidential information, advice and advocacy.
Each Citizens Information Service covers a geographical area, either country-wide or part of an urban area, and delivers its services through a network of Citizens Information Centres (CICs). Citizens Information is provided by 42 Citizens Information Services from 268 locations. These consist of 106 Citizens Information Centres (54 full-time and 52 part-time) and 162 outreach services.
Service is also provided at Citizen Information Centre, Rockwood Parade, Sligo and Teach Laighne, Tubbercurry, Co. Sligo.
- Sligo town and environs
- Sligo - north
- Sligo - south, east and west
- Service provided at above address
- Service provided at various locations throughout the area covered
- People can self-refer / access the service directly (without the need for a referral)
- Young adults (18-24 years)
- Adults (25-64 years)
- Adults (65+ years)