Sligo Sport and Recreation Partnership facilitates opportunities to participate in sport and physical activity in community, club and school settings.
Our role includes the provision of information on sport and physical activity, facilitating education and training in sport and supporting the delivery of opportunities to participate in sport and physical activity programmes and events.
Our target groups include Young People, Teenagers, Adults, Older Adults, People with a Disability and Disadvantaged Communities (including Travellers, Ethnic Minorities and Job Seekers).
- Sligo town and environs
- Sligo - north
- Sligo - south, east and west
- Service provided at various locations throughout the area covered
- Charge applies for some services / some services free
- People can self-refer / access the service directly (without the need for a referral)
- Parents / guardians can refer
- Through GP
- Through schools
- Through Tusla Child and Family Social Workers
- Through other Tusla services (e.g. Education Welfare Service)
- Through HSE services
- Through other statutory services
- Through other community / voluntary service
- Under-16s need parental permission
- Early years (0-4 years)
- Primary school age (4-12 years approx.)
- Post-primary school age (13-18 years approx.)
- Young adults (18-24 years)
- Adults (25-64 years)
- Adults (65+ years)