We provide support advice and advocacy to anyone in financial distress.
The Money Advice and Budgeting Service is the State’s money advice service, guiding people through dealing with problem debt for more than twenty years.
MABS runs a Helpline (0761 07 2000, Monday to Friday, 9am to 8pm) and also operates from more than 60 locations nationwide.
MABS is free, confidential and independent.
In Leitrim we provide support, advice and advocacy to anyone in financial distress. Occasionally we have an educational role which assists with budgeting and avoiding debt. We also support families by referring them to other agencies that provide assistance with income maximisation. By helping parents, this in turn helps children.
This service is universal.
- Leitrim - Carrick-on-Shannon and environs
- Leitrim - south
- Leitrim - north
Our headquarters are in Ballinamore, but we have an outreach in Manorhamilton and Carrick on Shannon on appointment. Some parts of West Cavan and North Roscommon also use our service for geographical reasons and proximity to Carrick on Shannon and Ballinamore.
- Service provided at above address
- Service provided at various locations throughout the area covered
- Service provided in person's own home
Our headquarters are in Ballinamore, but we have an outreach in Manorhamilton and Carrick on Shannon on appointment. Occasional we will do a home visit.
Free independent confidential and non judgemental service.
- People can self-refer / access the service directly (without the need for a referral)
- Parents / guardians can refer
- Through GP
- Through schools
- Through Tusla Child and Family Social Workers
- Through other Tusla services (e.g. Education Welfare Service)
- Through HSE services
- Through other statutory services
- Through other community / voluntary service
Citizens Information Service is a referral agency to MABS.
- Post-primary school age (13-18 years approx.)
- Young adults (18-24 years)
- Adults (25-64 years)
- Adults (65+ years)
We usually only work with the 13 - 18 age group in an educational role.