NEPS stands for the National Educational Psychological Service. It is a service provided by the Department of Education and Skills. NEPS psychologists work with both primary and post-primary schools. We are concerned with learning, behaviour and social and emotional development. Each NEPS psychologist is assigned to a group of schools.
- Consultation service to schools.
- Assessment service within an educational context.
- Direct and indirect inputs to schools.
- Support and Development work with schools.
- Critical Incident advice to schools.
- Reasonable Accommodations in Certificate Examinations (Leaving Certificate.)
- Sligo town and environs
- Sligo - north
- Sligo - south, east and west
- Leitrim - Carrick-on-Shannon and environs
- Leitrim - south
- Leitrim - north
- Service provided at various locations throughout the area covered
- Through schools
- Under-18s need parental permission
- Primary school age (4-12 years approx.)
- Post-primary school age (13-18 years approx.)