Career Guidance Services delivered through one to one consultation and engagement process with young people.
This is a Youth Employment Initiative 2016 supported by Dormant Accounts and Department of Children and Youth Affairs. The aim of this programme is to provide a career guidance service which is youth friendly, client-centred and tailored to the needs and circumstances of the individual to young people aged 15-25 years.
- to address youth unemployment, social exclusion and social isolation
- develop employment seeking skills such as curriculum vitae writing and interview skills
- identify personal qualities, interests, aptitudes and abilities
- link personal skills and qualifications to job opportunities and specifications
- address barriers that prevent progression in career path
This programme will seek to complement and add to the existing services in County Sligo, Leitrim and Mayo and work closely with Sligo Leitrim May ETB.
- Sligo town and environs
- Sligo - north
- Sligo - south, east and west
- Leitrim - Carrick-on-Shannon and environs
- Leitrim - south
- Leitrim - north
The programme will be delivered NCYCS SPY Projects in Leitrim and North Mayo (Ballina Town), NCYCS Garda Diversion Projects located in Sligo, Ballina and Castlebar, Co. Mayo, NCYCS IFI Project (Leitrim), Sligo Youthreach and Sligo Community Training Centre.
- Service provided at various locations throughout the area covered
Counties Sligo, Leitrim and Mayo
- People can self-refer / access the service directly (without the need for a referral)
- Through other statutory services
- Through other community / voluntary service
- Under-18s need parental permission
- Under-16s need parental permission
- Post-primary school age (13-18 years approx.)
- Young adults (18-24 years)