The Foróige Family Support Project (Network Area 2) is an outreach in-home service for families in the South Sligo and South Leitrim Area. The purpose of the project is to provide focused family based support with a community-based approach to build on the strengths and assets within the community to achieve positive outcomes for the young person and their family. It has a multi-agency approach and seeks to present a wraparound Family Support Service that is available to identified families and enables parents from diverse backgrounds to create healthy family relationships that foster safety and well-being at home, in school and in the community.
- Sligo - south, east and west
- Leitrim - south
The Foróige Family Support Project works with families within the Child and Family Support Network Area 2 (south Sligo and south Leitrim)
- Service provided at various locations throughout the area covered
- Service provided in person's own home
Service is outreach and primarily provided in the family home.
Project workers can accommodate meeting with families in community setting where necessary
- People can self-refer / access the service directly (without the need for a referral)
Contact the project leader to make a referral. Families can self - refer or they can ask other professionals to refer on their behalf.
- Under-18s need parental permission
Parental permission required where project workers work with young person outside family home.
- Early years (0-4 years)
- Primary school age (4-12 years approx.)
- Post-primary school age (13-18 years approx.)
- Young adults (18-24 years)
- Adults (25-64 years)
- Adults (65+ years)
Project Workers create a whole family plan catering for identified needs of parents/carers and children, as necessary.