The project will seek to complement and add to the exsisting services in Co. Leitrim.
The project will be delivered through a consultation and engagement process with the young person.
It is envisaged as young people develop their educational, life and social skills this in turn will enable them to have the motivation and confidence to take the first step into further education, training and employment.
North Connaught Youth and Community Services are running a new programme for 16-25 year olds in Leitrim / West Cavan.
We offer a safe, friendly space where young people are listened to, respected and treated fairly. Special interests / Indoor and outdoor activities - water sports, fishing, beauty, cookery. Acts as an advocate for young people. One to one mentoring and support. Personal and social education. Place to discuss issues in their lives, worries, fears, concerns. Advice and information about health, debt, drugs, alcohol, housing. Onsite and offsite support.
The programme is led by the needs to the young person and their personal input / interests.
The project is funded by the International Fund for Ireland and is supported by Leitrim Co. Council / Leitrim ETB.
- Leitrim - Carrick-on-Shannon and environs
- Leitrim - south
- Leitrim - north
West Cavan area's also
- Service provided at above address
- Service provided at various locations throughout the area covered
- Service provided in person's own home
Various locations that the young person / group / family are comfortable with.
- People can self-refer / access the service directly (without the need for a referral)
- Parents / guardians can refer
- Through GP
- Through schools
- Through Tusla Child and Family Social Workers
- Through other Tusla services (e.g. Education Welfare Service)
- Through HSE services
- Through other statutory services
- Through other community / voluntary service
- Under-18s need parental permission
- Young adults (18-24 years)
Service supports young people from 16 - 25 years.
We seek to provide an individualised programme for each young person by providing a client centred approach tailored to the needs and circumstances of the individual young person rather than process driven.