Universal service with additional support given to seldom heard young people.
Sligo Comhairle na nÓg is a forum for structured input into decision-making by children and young people in the development of local services and policies in the county. Comhairle na nÓg is a way of seeking the views of children and young people to bring about positive change in youth related areas. Young people work on bringing the views of other young people to adult stakeholders and decision makers who can make the changes happen. Its about young people having a voice. It is a universal service with additional support given to seldom heard young people. Open to 12 - 18 year olds.
- Sligo town and environs
- Sligo - north
- Sligo - south, east and west
Open to young people in County Sligo with fortnightly meetings taking place in Sligo Town
- Service provided at above address
- People can self-refer / access the service directly (without the need for a referral)
- Parents / guardians can refer
- Through schools
- Through other statutory services
- Through other community / voluntary service
Young people are selected to become members of Comhairle na nÓg at the AGM each October
- Under-18s need parental permission
- Post-primary school age (13-18 years approx.)