The group offers weekly meetings run by LGBT young people for young people as far as possible.
We offer a welcoming environment, where young people can be themselves.
We aim to encourage, participation in weekly meetings and other group events.
We aim to work with other community and youth based organisations.
SMILY aims to provide a safe, fun and accepting environment, where young LGBT (lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgendered) people can be themselves. The group gives an opportunity for young people to socialise with other like-minded young people, develop friendships and access information and support.
- Sligo town and environs
- Sligo - north
- Sligo - south, east and west
The group meets in Sligo town.
- Service provided at above address
- People can self-refer / access the service directly (without the need for a referral)
- Parents / guardians can refer
- Through other community / voluntary service
- Under-18s need parental permission
- Under-16s need parental permission
- Post-primary school age (13-18 years approx.)
- Young adults (18-24 years)