The NYP (Foroige) is a community based family support service offering a range of services to 10 - 18 year olds and their families. We offer both group and one to one support.
The South Leitrim Youth and Family Support Services Project is funded through Tusla as a community based family support project working primarily with young people aged 10 – 18 years who are at risk of or experiencing personal, social, educational and family difficulties, however the project is open to all young people. Based in and serving Carrick-on-Shannon this project has an outreach brief for the south Leitrim area including Mohill, Carrigallen, Ballinamore, Drumshanbo, Cloone/Aughavas and rural areas in between. The project provides one to one and group programmes meeting the needs of young people from a strengths based perspective.
- Leitrim - south
- People can self-refer / access the service directly (without the need for a referral)
- Parents / guardians can refer
- Through GP
- Through schools
- Through Tusla Child and Family Social Workers
- Through other Tusla services (e.g. Education Welfare Service)
- Through HSE services
- Through other statutory services
- Through other community / voluntary service
- Under-18s need parental permission
- Early years (0-4 years)
- Primary school age (4-12 years approx.)
- Post-primary school age (13-18 years approx.)