SVP members visit individuals and families who have requested help in their local communities.
St. Vincent De Paul (SVP) members visit individuals and families who have requested help in their local communities. Most towns/villages have an SVP conference (group) and the core work is visitation. SVP members can help by offering friendship and support to service users and also help in practical ways by providing assistance to purchase food, heat, clothes etc.
- Sligo town and environs
- Sligo - north
- Sligo - south, east and west
- Leitrim - Carrick-on-Shannon and environs
- Leitrim - south
- Leitrim - north
- Service provided at various locations throughout the area covered
SVP service is provided through home visitation - if a person requests a visit from SVP our members visit them in their own homes.
- People can self-refer / access the service directly (without the need for a referral)
- Through schools
- Through Tusla Child and Family Social Workers
- Through HSE services
- Through other community / voluntary service
- Under-18s need parental permission
- Under-16s need parental permission
SVP will help people of any age