To enhance quality early childhood education and care and After Schools provision through direct work with Early Years and After School Service Providers in County Leitrim.
Our aim is to enhance quality early childhood education and care and After Schools provision through direct work with Early Years and After School Service Providers in County Leitrim.
- Quality Support and Intervention Programme.
- Thematic Workshops / Programmes under Early Years National Curriculum Frameworks – Siolta & Aistear
- Early Years Children First Training Objective 3 - To consolidate investment in the sector in order to support the continuing development of a stable, integrated and sustainable infrastructure within County Leitrim.
- Roll out of DCYA Funding Programmes on Capital Support / Childminding Development Grant / Parent & Toddler Grant
- Continuous Support & Development to Leitrim Early Years Services Manager / Owner Network
- One to One service support on local Early Years Service sustainability plans. Objective 4 – To provide ongoing professional development to Early Years and Schools Aged Care Practitioners, towards building the capacity of the sector to enhance and develop quality services for children and their families in County Leitrim.
- Continuous Professional Development Programme for Early Years Practitioners Objective 5 – To ensure effective and transparent collaboration, communication and consultation, and optimum use of resources by all stakeholders in early childhood care and education in County Leitrim and in other networks.
- Interagency Collaboration across associated work within the sector in Leitrim including: - - Leitrim Interagency Traveller Support Group - Sligo & Leitrim Children & Young Peoples Services Committee - TUSLA Early Years Inspection Team - National Early Years Collaborative on Literacy & Numeracy - Childcare Committees Ireland
- Leitrim - Carrick-on-Shannon and environs
- Leitrim - south
- Leitrim - north
County Wide Remit
- Service provided at above address
- Service provided at various locations throughout the area covered
- People can self-refer / access the service directly (without the need for a referral)
- Parents / guardians can refer
- Through Tusla Child and Family Social Workers
- Through other Tusla services (e.g. Education Welfare Service)
- Through HSE services
- Through other statutory services
- Through other community / voluntary service
Primary Referral Pathways are through and from Early Years Education and Care Providers in County Leitrim
Not applicable to the service provided
- Early years (0-4 years)
- Primary school age (4-12 years approx.)
Parents / Guardians