We provide youth activities through Youth City from ages 8 to 17 years.
We provide youth activities through Youth City from ages 8 to 17 years. This includes educational programmes such as active citizenship, nutrition, gardening, computers, sports activities, arts and crafts. We also host educational programmes for adults (computers, home maintenance, cookery).
We have one programme, TAPPED (Technical and Personal Pre-employment Development) which is targeted at young unemployed men (18-35 years) from the Regeneration Area. TAPPED is a personal development course that uses car maintenance as a tool to deliver the project.
We provide space for a Public Health Clinic once a week; a Counselling Service in the therapy room and outreach service for those experiencing difficulties with substance abuse and their families (adults only).
- Sligo town and environs
- Service provided at above address
- Charge applies for some services / some services free
- People can self-refer / access the service directly (without the need for a referral)
- Parents / guardians can refer
- Through GP
- Through schools
- Through other statutory services
- Through other community / voluntary service
Youth City and youth activity don't need referral Counselling for substance abuse (can self refer as well as others marked) Education and Employment programmes don't need referral
- Under-18s need parental permission
- Primary school age (4-12 years approx.)
- Post-primary school age (13-18 years approx.)
- Young adults (18-24 years)
- Adults (25-64 years)
We offer Free 1:1 Counselling, Support and information to adults and their families / concerned significant others struggling with substance misuse issues.