The Community Nurse supports the adult with a learning disability to live as independently as possible in their own home and community.
This is a service for people with learning disability and autism in Sligo and Leitrim.
A Community Nurse supports an adult with a learning disability to live as independently as possible in their own home and community. The Community Nurse ensures the person has access to appropriate services by liaising with relevant agencies and advocating on their behalf and on behalf of their families.
A Community Facilitator promotes healthy living and enables the person with an intellectual disability to make informed choices and decisions in the areas of healthy lifestyle based on relevant and current information, and helps to identify and plan for future needs.
- Sligo town and environs
- Sligo - north
- Sligo - south, east and west
- Leitrim - Carrick-on-Shannon and environs
- Leitrim - south
- Leitrim - north
Currently covering all of Sligo, Leitrim and West Cavan
- Service provided at above address
- Service provided at various locations throughout the area covered
- Service provided in person's own home
Depending on the needs of the person wishing to avail of Community Nursing service
- People can self-refer / access the service directly (without the need for a referral)
- Parents / guardians can refer
- Through GP
- Through HSE services
- Through other statutory services
- Through other community / voluntary service
All referrals for a Community Nurse Service are processed through the Adult Learning Disability and Autism Referral Committee which meets monthly to approve access criteria.
Community Nurse Service is for adult referrals only.
- Young adults (18-24 years)
- Adults (25-64 years)
- Adults (65+ years)
The Community Nurse provides a service to adults with intellectual disability and their families.