Counselling, Art Therapy and Play Therapy. Foroige Youth Club and Youth Cafe.
Mohill Family Support Centre provides support services for the local community and facilitates activities, classes and groups in the hall. We serve the people of Mohill and the surrounding areas, and also offer an outreach service to Ballinamore and Carrigallen.
We are based in the Canon Donohoe Hall, on Main Street, Mohill. Our office is open Monday to Friday from 9am to 5.30pm (closed for lunch 1-2pm).
Some of the support services we offer to the local community:
- Advice & support for individuals and families
- Support Groups
- Art therapy
- Play Therapy
- Positive Parenting Programmes
- People Parenting Alone
- Personal Development Group
- Parent and Toddler Group
- Education & Training Programmes
- Men’s Group
- Women’s Group
- Carers Support Group
- School Uniform Co-op
Additional Activities: Foroige Youth Club and Youth Cafe. Hip Hop classes, Seanos Dancing and Music and Singing Lessons. Art workshops, Youth Discos and Summer Camps, Youth Cookery Lessons.
- Leitrim - south
We have outreach at Carrigallen and Ballinamore. Parent and Toddler in Ballinamore. We have counselling in Mohill Carrigallen Arva Carrick on Shannon and Ballinamore
- Service provided at above address
- Service provided at various locations throughout the area covered
- Service provided in person's own home
Family Support visits to homes. Counselling occasionally when person unable to travel.
- Optional donation
- Charges depend on income / circumstances of service user
- Charge applies for some services / some services free
Donations for counselling.
€5 cost for courses
- People can self-refer / access the service directly (without the need for a referral)
- Parents / guardians can refer
- Through GP
- Through schools
- Through Tusla Child and Family Social Workers
- Through other Tusla services (e.g. Education Welfare Service)
- Through HSE services
- Through other statutory services
- Through other community / voluntary service
- Under-18s need parental permission
- Primary school age (4-12 years approx.)
- Post-primary school age (13-18 years approx.)
- Young adults (18-24 years)
- Adults (25-64 years)
- Adults (65+ years)
All our Counsellors avail of supervision and CPD and are accredited to recognised accreditation bodies.
IACP, IAHAP, PPS(UK)