Sligo Traveller Support Group Ltd offer a range of supports as it is a community development organisation.
Sligo Traveller Support Group Ltd offer a range of supports as it is a community development organisation. The main focus of the work is improving traveller health.
Our main aim is to establish a voice for the local Traveller community in Sligo – to address issues of importance such as accommodation, health, youth, child care, education, training and employment and to counteract the causes and effects of prejudice and discrimination.
- Sligo town and environs
- Sligo - north
- Sligo - south, east and west
- Service provided at above address
- Service provided at various locations throughout the area covered
- Service provided in person's own home
- People can self-refer / access the service directly (without the need for a referral)
- Through schools
- Through Tusla Child and Family Social Workers
- Through other Tusla services (e.g. Education Welfare Service)
- Through HSE services
- Through other statutory services
- Through other community / voluntary service
- Under-16s need parental permission
For Youth Programmes, Homework / After school services,
- Early years (0-4 years)
- Primary school age (4-12 years approx.)
- Post-primary school age (13-18 years approx.)
- Young adults (18-24 years)
- Adults (25-64 years)
- Adults (65+ years)