Foroige YESS Programme, funded by International Fund for Ireland, has been initiated as a youth employability support service in the South Sligo area.
Who is the programme for?
The programme is suitable for young people aged 16-25 who, having left education with low level qualifications, require support to re-engage with education, training or employment.
What we do…
We aim to help young people build and develop life skills that build confidence and resilience and make them more employable
We provide an individual support programme to meet the specific needs of each young person, with a strong emphasis on personal development and employability skills. Alongside the programme of individualised support there will be opportunities to engage in accredited training, work experience or internships in their area of interest.
The overall aim is that participants will be supported to re-enter training, education or employment.
How to get involved… for further information please contact:
Deirdre Gallagher (Foróige) on 0860130795 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Stacey Costello on 0867791682 Email: email@example.com
- Sligo town and environs
- Sligo - south, east and west
- Service provided at various locations throughout the area covered
- People can self-refer / access the service directly (without the need for a referral)
- Parents / guardians can refer
- Through GP
- Through schools
- Through Tusla Child and Family Social Workers
- Through other Tusla services (e.g. Education Welfare Service)
- Through HSE services
- Through other statutory services
- Through other community / voluntary service
- Under-18s need parental permission
- Young adults (18-24 years)